The economy is set to slow down further in the era of Coronavirus. India's consumption demand will slacken further, economic commentators are saying. With daily wage-earners losing their daily dose of wages, they will be consuming lesser than before.
What steps can the government take to make good the loss? Various analysts are proferring different pieces of advice.
Here are some of them:
1. Give EMI holidays for loan repayments.
2. Increase outgo under PM-KISAN.
3. Give Rs 3,000 or more at once to all poor families by making use of the Aadhar-Jan Dhan bank account linkage.
4. Act strongly against hoarders.
5. As inflation might come down, increase MSPs of rice and wheat.
Some of the these measures are likely to be taken by the government in view of the worsening economic and employment situation in India.