HD Kumaraswamy announces Karnataka State Budget, Big blow to Commuters
Karnataka Chief Minister, HD Kumaraswamy has introduced the first ever State Budget after taking reigns. His budget seems favorable to the farmers and some sections. But the hike in Petrol and Diesel prices definitely gonna hurt middle class and already draws criticism over it while the news of hike in petrol and diesel aired on media.
Highlights of Karnataka State Budget:
- Petrol fare hiked by Rs 1.14, diesel Rs 1.12
- Power tariff up 20 paise per unit
- Tax on liquor up 4%
- Rs 50 crore set aside for Bellandur lake rejuvenation. The froth from Bellandur Lake is flowing on to the roads. T1000 government schools will have English medium starting from LKG and UKG. This will be a pilot, to attract more children to come to government schools.
- Rs 1429 crore has been allotted for construction of 990 new hospitals and maintenance of over 200 existing hospitals.
- Rs 150 crore for agriculture development based on Israel model. Farmer loans taken till December 2017 will be waived off, CM Kumaraswamy announces Rs 34,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme.
- Government is issuing directions to local bodies in the state to levy plastic waste management fee at 3% on MRP for goods that are packed with plastic.
Mr. Kumaraswamy also confirmed to continue the schemes introduced by the previous CM, Siddharamaiah.