Tata Trusts commit to spending Rs 500 Cr on fighting COVID-19
Tata Trusts has committed a whopping Rs 500 Cr to fight the novel coronavirus in India. Its Chairman, Ratan Tata, today said that the need of the hour is greater than any other time.
"The COVID 19 crisis is one of the toughest challenges we will face as a race. The Tata Trusts and the Tata group companies have in the past risen to the needs of the nation. At this moment, the need of the hour is greater than any other time," Ratan Tata tweeted out on Saturday.
How is the five billion rupee fund going to be spent? The Tata Trusts has committed to spending on the below:
1. Personal protective equipment for the medical personnel on the frontlines,
2. Respiratory systems for treating increasing cases,
3. Testing kits to increase percapita testing,
4. Setting up modular treatment facilities for infected patients, and
5. Knowledge management and training of health workers and the general public.